Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
While no map can fully undistort the land, it can sacrifice distortion in some areas to clarify it in others.
- Orthographic Projection-Displays earth from a distance
- Gnomonic Projection-Has its center at the center of the globe
- Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area Projection-True-Area properties
- Conic Projection- A Globe made into a cone, layed out, and given grids to form a map.
- Lambert Conformal Conic Projection-Two parallels that show a true global proportion.
- Polyconic Projection-Uses cones to establish parallels
- Mercator Projection-Most commonly used; flat, square map with more distortion near the poles.
Different Map types show different things and different information